Happy Holiday and welcome November! :-)
A lazy public holiday after Halloween made me creative again and led me straight into the kitchen. Since all the shops are super dead on those days and of course I had forgotten to go grocery shopping on Friday, I was very happy to find some nice and juicy onions :) So there it was, the idea of my number one ordered dish at Burger King, Onion Rings!
So for today I want to show you, how easy it is to make Onion Rings aka Burger King Style :) Everyone loves that type of fingerfood since ther are so crispy and super tasty! It won’t even take you a lot. Just a tiny few things and lots of excitement! :)
- 1 huge onion (the bigger they are the better)
- 60g of flour
- 25g cornstarch
- 200ml / 6.76 floz of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1) First we want to prepare the dough, therefore you will have to mixx flour and cornstarch together and add the water together with a egg whip.
2) Now it’s time for the super tasty spices: Now add the garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and stir again :) This time I tried to add a half teespoon of curry powder into it. Works great as well!
3) Now that we made this dough, it’s time to prepare the onions and heating up the oil. A chip pan was always baned in our household so I just took an extra pan and added some oil into it. Make sure that it has about an inch /3 cm distance to the pan ground. The rings should have plenty of space to take their nice warm bath :)
Grap an onion and slice it into half centimeter thick slices.
4) For the crispyness we need some breadcrumbs. Take an extra bowl and add at cup of breadcrumbs into it. To not make a huge mess just add more of it if you need more. Now build your own little bannerstation of your dough, the breadcrumbs and your onions.
5) Dipp the onions into the dough and toss and turn them into the breadcrumbs. Now be carefull and don’t burn yourself with the last step! Add them into the oil!
They don’t need a lot of time so don’t leave the center :) It’s up to you how crispy you want them to be! Once they are done, put them on a kitchenrole or napkin for the fat to make its last drop before serving :)
Now look at those golden crispy onion rings! :)
Lots of love!