„If I call you darling, will you make me pancakes?“
It’s Saturday! Long sleep-ins and finally the time for yummy breakfast! This Weekend I totally felt like having Australian pancakes :) Thick and fluffy and hugged by, I like to call it, liquid gold aka maple sirup! :) This time, I kept it simple, so no extra berrys or fruits, since I had fresh carotte with pineapple, all freshly pressed :) But you are more than welcome to add some blueberrys or bananas, what ever you fee like :)
And this is what you need:
- 200 g of flour
- 300 ml milk ( a cup )
- 1 tea spoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- halb cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
And that’s it! :)
1) Take an extra bowl and add flour, baking soda, salt and the milk together and stir it until it becomes a middle thick bulk.
2)Now seperate the eggs, the egg yolk goes into the dough mass and the protein in an extra bowl. You really need to be carefull, we need to whisk stiff the protein so even if there is a tiny bit of of the egg yolk with it, it won’t work! So put it in an extra bowl and another pinch of salt into it. The salt will help to break the protein strukure so it’ll be easier and quicker!
3) Now you can add ricotta cheese into the dough and keep stiring :) stiring, stiring, stiring,… now it must be very creamy and thick. Sort of like this,….
3) The last step is: Now that the protain is beaten fluffy and stiff add it into the dough mass. But gently we don’t want to stir it hard because then the protein gets liquid again. Stir it gently into it until you see that it gets puffy like cloads :) The very last step now is to make sure that before you putt the dough in pan, it should already be hot. Melt some butter with it and Done :)
Make sure to turn the pancakes as soon as the surface gets a bit hard. As soon as both sides are brownish, they are basicley done, you can leave them a bit longer if you feel like the inside dough isn’t ready yet but most of the time it will be :)
Look at those precious one:
Totally yummy and fluffy! Now it’s time to add some liquid gold into them and enjoy! :)
I hope you liked this recipe, feel free to comment, share or like :) Have a wonderful Sunday!
Lots of love! xoxo