Welcome to #Day 2 of my Halloween week 2014. This time we are making spooky and cute spider cookies! :) There are very quick and easy to make. Drawing on the spiders will take most of the time, so be patient and make sure not to have the shakiest hands when you’ll make them :) You will see, your work will end up great and the cookies are extriemley tasty :) So lets start:
- 150g flour
- 80g Brown sugar
- 1 tea spoon of honey
- 35-40g chocolate drops
- 1/2 packet of vanille sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon of backing soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 95g of Butter (Roomtemperature)
- 1 Egg(Roomtemperature)
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk (If you like them crunchier than you leave the milk out)
- 1 tea spoon of oatmeal or crunched hazelnut (optional)
- A sugar chocolate decoration stick (You can usually and easily find them in any grossery stores who have a bakery section.
- Chocolate drops
I halfed the ingredients. You can get out of 10 medium sized cookies with this dough :) If you want more, than just double the amount of ingredients.
2) In an extra bowl mixx flour, salt and baking soda together. From this mixx now a whole tablespoon out and mixx it together with the chocolate drops. It helps them to stay in the dough and when you cook them, they won’t crawl to the dough ground :) Now slowly add the bowl of the flour into the dough. After that add the chocolat drops into them. Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk to it and make it a bit fluffy. But make sure you leave space between them, as the will going to melt into the length :) Otherwise the cookies will melt and stick kind of of to each other.
2) Take a spoon and try to shape some balls with it. As you can see mine are far away from propper balls but it doesn’t matter at all if there aren’t. Once they are in the oven they melt and become great and flat cookies :) Pre-heat the oven to about 180 degrees.
Now that the oven is heated up, leave them in the oven for about 7 minutes. Take them out and add some chocolate drops on the front surface and press them gently but only a tiny bit into them. They are going to be the body of the spider. Put them back into the oven and leave it there for anothter 8-10 minutes. Now put them out of the oven and leave them somewhere where they can cool down before we start the painting. Use a decoration sugar stick and add some spider legs to them.
And done! :)
Oh and even cats love them :) My superhero cat couldn’t even wait a minute and it took me a while to photograph the cookies! He so loved the smell of the cookies and tried to kick of the spiders! :) They are just so adorable creatures! <3
I really hope you enjoyed these cookies, if you made them as well please post some pictures on my facebook wallt :) I am very curious and excited about them! If you have more questions or if you liked them, feel free to comment, like or share this recipe with your friends! <3
Lots of love! xoxo