For today’s lunch, I thought of something really interessting. „Lets just do some homemade Ravioli, can’t be THAT hard“ :) Oh well, let’s just say it took me hours to prepare this cute little things! You don’t need a lot, mainly just time. So please never ever do them when you actually feel hungry or even worse, starving! I was kinda in that stage where I was just about to starv and just arrived home and thought, oh well,.. will take about 60 min! Not really but still at the end, here there were,.. super tasty and filling homemade Ravioli! :)
And this is all you need:
- 350 gram flour
- 150 gram durum wheat (or hard wheat)
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of native olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- 150 grams of frozen spinach
- 100 gram ricotta cheese
- 100 gram parmesan
- 50 grams of crushed hazelnuts
1) Grap a bowl and add flour, durum wheat and the salt together and stir by slowing adding one egg in a row. This is really hard work because you basicely have to do it with your hands in order to get a good dough out of it. It takes about 5 minutes of hard work :) Hey, it’s a good work out-think positive!
After your workout and the dough being all nicley yellow mellow, put it back into the bowl and leave it covered for about 40-60 minutes. During the time you are waiting for the dough to rest, it’s time to prepare the super quick yummy filling.
2) Take the „now-unmelted“ spinach and cut it into small pieces. Add ricotta, parmesan in an extra bow and stir all together while spicing with salt and pepper as you wish.
3) take the dough out of it’s resting area and sqeeze it a minute to make sure it didn’t get all to sleepy in that bowl. Now cut it into 3 little pieces and roll each piece out until you a very flat dough.
Aren’t they gorgeous looking?!
4) Now It’s time to put the filling in the middle of them. By the time you rolled them out, they shrinked together a bit, so before you put the filling in, make sure to roll it out with a rolling pin. When you are finished with that, put one end on the other and take a fork and press it on the ends to make close them. Otherwise the filling will fall out.
And thats it! :)
When you finish each one, take a huge pot and fill it with hot watter and a bit of salt. Let it boil and place the little Raviolis in. It takes about 5-10 minutes then they are ready to serve! Of course you can make in extra souce for it! I used some cream, onions and used some of my homemade pesto with it. You can also just use some butter with garlic or some herb souce if you like :)
Et voilá! :)
I really hope you liked and enjoyed this recipe! :) Leave me a comment or share it if you think it was good and see you soon!
Lots of love, xoxo